Stitch along with Lauren in this workshop as she teaches a wide variety of embroidery techniques, including satin stitch, seed stitch, leaf stitch, and French knots. You’ll learn how and when to use these different stitches to create a landscape, as well as how to use different colors and quantities of thread to create depth of field and textural details.
This class is approachable to folks of all skill levels—beginning stitchers will learn the basics and gain exposure to the versatility of this craft, and experienced stitchers can work through new techniques to build on their existing skill set. We’ll work on each part of the pattern during the class so you’ll have the confidence you need to finish up the project on your own.
Workshop attendees will receive a full kit to work with, including:
- High quality 5” beechwood embroidery hoop with brass closure
- Premium-weight cotton fabric with the design pre-printed on it, set into the embroidery hoop
- 2 size 5 embroidery needles
- Full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery thread in each color used in the design
- A PDF version of the full pattern instructions, including tons of step-by-step photos and diagrams.
Lauren is a fiber artist in Seattle and specializes in designing embroidery patterns and kits. She has taught workshops in Seattle and across the country and has filmed several classes for Creativebug.com. Lauren’s designs feature landscapes, floral and botanical work, and colorful abstract patterns. This mom of two young sons loves hiking and houseplants, and her creative work brings her so much joy. You can find her on Instagram @larkrising and explore her website at www.larkrisingembroidery.com.